My Favorite and Least Favorite Trends of 2013

8:26 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Hey guys,
It's 2014!! Let's take a moment of silence for the fact that 2007 was seven years ago.

In 2013, we've seen a lot of different trends...some good and some bad.
Let's take a moment to reminisce.
By the way, this is just my opinion  and this is a really long post.

Favorite Trends

1.       Anything leather



Leather was huge this year and I was a major fan of it. I'm a huge fan of leather joggers, shorts, leggings and skirts. Since I'm a broke college student who spent 99% of her money on Chipotle and Taco Bell, I bought mostly pleather, but it looked the same so I'm not complaining.


2.       Crop tops, Bandeaus, Bralettes


To me, crop tops, bandeaus and bralettes are in the same category. They were super hot during the summer; almost every girl wore them. I actually hated bralettes and bandeaus for a quick minute because this girl I used to go to high school with used to wear them as shirts and never got into trouble, but when I wore a shirt with my belly kinda showing, everyone flipped their shit. However, I digress. Crop tops are my absolute fave out of the 3 because sometimes you can find funny or cheeky sayings on them ( like the infamous Brandy Melville’s “You can’t sit with us” crop tops. LOVE THEM)

3.       Skater Skirts



God bless skater skirts. I love them; they’re cute and flirty. Paired them with crop tops and you looked like almost every girl in the summer including myself, ahaha.

4.       Midi Skirts



Midi skirts are my new favorites and I believe that they would carry on `into this year as a huge trend. They’re just unbelievably fabulous.

5.       Cats



If you didn’t notice the abundance of cats on clothing in 2013, then you were definitely living underneath a rock. At first I was wary towards this trend, but I soon warmed up to it.

6.       Comic Strip Print


Comic Strip print exploded onto the fashion scene this year and I’m happy to say that I was on that bandwagon before I even noticed it was a trend. I really hope this trend carries onto 2014 because I love it so much.

7.       Printed Leggings



Printed leggings defined 2012 and 2013 and I hope they define 2014 too.


Least Favorite Trends

1.       High-waisted Cheeky Shorts



These shorts probably anger me the most during 2013. I don’t want to see your butt, no one wants to your butt so please don’t wear high-waisted cheeky shorts. I remembered I saw this girl wear them at Six Flags and I was so confused at why someone would wear them at a family oriented establishment. I can understand at a party sure, but nowhere else.

2.       Sneaker Wedges


I just don’t like them and I cannot understand the hype with them.  I’m aware that I’m in the one percent that doesn't like them. Oh well. I just can’t put into words why I despise them so much.

3.       Shirts with rude sayings


In 2013, I've seen so many shirts that had rude sayings on them like “C*nt” or“F*ck”
(I’m trying to keep this post PG-13, kids)
Sometimes I like them ,but yet again I see people wearing them at family oriented places. Leave them for a party.

I don't own any of these photos.

Can't wait to see what this year will bring.
Hope y'all had a great day, xoxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

If you choose to comment, thank you :) I read and reply to all comments.