The Evolution

8:29 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I was going through the Facebook pictures I was tagged in, and whilst cringing at my prepubescent self, I was also amazed at how much my style changed. 

 Entering middle school, I couldn't give a flying *beep* on how I looked. I liked fashion, don't get me wrong, but I liked sketching in my tiny notebook more rather than styling clothes. It continued this way until I entered freshman year of high school. I started to come more out of my shell and started to wear clothes that expressed how I felt, which begun the year of zebra leggings and tutus. 

I was a ballerina for Halloween one year and decided, instead of throwing out the costume, to just wear the costume with a blazer to school. So I did, multiple times. Looking back at it now, I probably looked like the hottest mess of all the messes to walk the halls. I thought I looked good though, and that what matters the most.

This was the last day of freshman year and I remember a fellow school mate gave me the 'what the hell is wrong with this girl' look. I like my tiara; it definitely completed the look.


Oh zebra leggings, how I missed you! I had these bad boys in pink AND white. And yes, I wore them any chance I got and I wore them with pride. I'm pretty sure I still have these leggings...maybe I should whip them out for old times sake?


I believe that this was in 10th grade when I really became interested in makeup. Can't you tell? I also went through my 'rebellion' stage hence the clip-in blue streak and my 'coy' smirk. Yes I went through a rebellion stage; how cliche! I took this picture when I wanted to start blogging back in 2010 but I didn't have the, um, cojones to start one. Either that or I started a blog and forgot the password. The world may never know. I'm wearing the ballerina costume underneath a sheer top that I shredded to perfection. 

Even 3 years ago I thought I was a model, aha.


 I had braids so I'm guessing that this was still 10th grade. As you can see, my style started to evolve more into what it is now. One thing that haven't changed is my love for animal print. Those heels aren't even mine; they're my aunt's. I thought I looked fierce.


This was 11th grade, a year ago, for Junior Prom. I freaking loved my dress! My mom picked it out for me and I thought it was perfect for the occasion. It has tulle, ruffles, rhinestones and glitter but it doesn't look tacky. I felt like Cinderella in this dress!
.
Look at my shoes! I bought them from Payless!




I made a collage of the few recent outfits I blogged to show how I currently dress. My style obviously changed a lot during six years. I didn't change the way I dress to fit in or to impress anyone. Honestly, the way I dress is a lot different from the kids at my school and it doesn't bother me at all. My style changed because I changed as a person. It's highly unlikely to be the same person you are six years ago. People change as the years go by, and while they change, their personal sense of style might change too. I know for a fact that in the next six years I'm not going to dress the same way I do now (okay, maybe I will still wear the cheetah print vest...). I'm quite excited to see how much my style will change in the near future...
 
                                        
  I hope you guys enjoyed this post! It was a bit long, opps. I hope you enjoyed your day too, xoxo.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

If you choose to comment, thank you :) I read and reply to all comments.