Summer 2014 Outfits-The Kimono Style Cardigan

6:03 PM Unknown 0 Comments




 Photography by Jenn
Hey guys,
Jenn and I collaborated again to do this fun photo shoot at the beach. Fun fact: Jenn and I actually went to the same high school and we're still friends and stay in contact with each other. 

I decided to do a three part series on this blog where I incorporate current, summer trends into my outfit. So, the first trend is the kimono style cardigan.  

I recently went shopping at Marshall's and I found this beautiful red kimono style cardigan. I'm kinda iffy on calling this cardigan a kimono, because I feel like that's cultural appropriation. Cultural appropriation is a really sensitive topic to a lot of people and is extremely common in the fashion industry.

Anyway, this cardigan is extremely light and flowy, making it ideal for the summer. I decided to pair it with my red bandeau and high waisted shorts. I really like this outfit, because it's kinda risky and different. Not a lot of people wear a bandeau as a top, but I think it's completely appropriate to do so in certain situations. 

Keep posted for the next outfit in this three part series!

Hope y'all enjoyed your day,xoxo.
Cardigan: Marshall's. Similar (here and here)
Shorts:F21
Bandeau: F21
Necklace: H&M. Similar (here)

***Edited***
I added a new feature on my blog where you guys can shop my look for similar or exact pieces! All links are affiliate.
Stalk me on Social Media
Instagram: @unexpressedpotential

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

If you choose to comment, thank you :) I read and reply to all comments.